Sunday

Ciao from Firenze

Hello all, I'm in Florence with my mom taking care of wedding details. It's low season here and the city is back to the Florentine's. When we go in April, we will share this beautiful city with only few other tourists, as it will be shoulder season. That time of year is enduring to the italians; it's the beginning of the 'good weather.' Flowers begin to go out on the window edges and people are happy that the cold weather is behind them; they know that in mid-May the onslaught of tourists come to visit their city. So, we will be there right before that happens. As for know, October in Florence is mild - the wedding planner thought it was cold. It isn't so bad. I got a bit warm during the day; maybe it was the coffee. By the way, ask for a cafe americano; if you don't get ready for a hearty shot of caffeine. It's raining here today - it's a great day to sit at a cafe and do some relaxing. We'll do that later. For know, it off to check out the hotels and San Lorenzo Market. I hope all is well with everyone. Ciao for now.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Christine and Chris! Love the blog idea! We're so excited about the wedding. I can't wait to watch you two say "I do" and since I know how much Florence is a part of your heart, it will be that much more meaningful to be THERE when it happens. Italy here we come!

    ReplyDelete